On Sunday morning, May 1, learn all about MVP missions—and discover how you can find your mission.
Have you ever dreamed of giving hope to children growing up in the world’s most decrepit garbage dumps? Providing permanent homes for families waiting for shelter? Using your skills and talents to encourage local children who can use an extra boost?
If you have, take heart: Your tithes and extra gifts already help to do all of these things—and more. But there’s still plenty to be done.
Marine View’s commitment to missions is reflected in the congregation’s support of two dozen missions—big and small, fledgling and established—that help to meet critical needs in local communities and around the world. For example, together we are:
· Working to care for youth growing up in a Guatemala garbage dump
· Participating in a Habitat for Humanity house builds for families in need of permanent shelter
· Feeding those who are hungry in Federal Way and Tacoma
· Giving assistance to Young Life’s ministry among local youth
· Ensuring Mission Aviation Fellowship can transport missionaries throughout the world
· Sending teams of Marine View adults and youth to service in the mission field
And much more! In addition to supporting the Guatemala team and the youth mission trip, Marine View also will give more than $50,000 to local and international missions this year.
Interested in learning more and getting involved? On Sunday morning, May 1, members of the church missions team will be available in the fellowship area to answer your questions and share how you can play an even a bigger role in Marine View’s mission work.
You can also peruse the latest mission information anytime. Just visit the east hallway off the fellowship area, where you’ll find clipboards with information on many of the missions that Marine View supports. A map also marks the location of Marine View missions worldwide.